[This update is for our clients on LiteServer, TheCoolServer, ChilledServer and TheHardServer. Please ignore this if you are hosted on other servers]
Windows Server 2003 extended support ended on July 14, 2015. Microsoft is no longer issuing security updates for any version of Windows Server 2003. Moreover, the HELM control panel that we are using on Windows 2003 servers is no longer being updated.
In light of this, we have decided to end our support to Windows 2003 servers by 26th February 2016 and migrate all our existing Windows 2003 clients to Windows 2012. Please remember that we are forced to take this decision as maintaining security of Windows 2003 servers is becoming increasingly difficult because of the above mentioned reasons.
We are currently in the process of finalizing the migration strategy and would like to keep you updated about the process. We have internally decided to ensure the following fundamentals while we undertake this migration;
- There will be no fees of this migration and no price increases for our existing clients.
- The whole process will be managed by HostingFest team with limited support required from the clients.
- Minimal downtime for our clients.
Along with this migration there are a few challenges that we want to bring in to your notice at the outset.
- The new service on Windows 2012 will not support ASP.NET 1.1, therefore please change your sites to ASP.NET 2 in HELM and let us know if you face any issues.
- We will not be supporting PHP 4 on the new 2012 servers. PHP 4 end of life was 7th Aug 2008, it is therefore best to migrate your sites to PHP5.5 or above. Please let us know if you need any support in this area.
Some of the features of the new hosting platform will be as follows, we are currently in the process of finalizing the feature set so this list might change;
- Your sites will be hosted on Plesk 12+ on Windows 2012 servers.
- You sites will be hosted on new cloud architecture that we are putting in place. The current servers will not be used for the hosting of your sites.
- You will get SQL Server 2012 in this hosting platform instead of SQL Server 2005.
- The hosting platform will include support for ASP.NET 2, 3.5, 4.5 & 5.0
- The platform will include support for ASP applications.
- We will continue supporting ColdFusion for our ColdFusion Clients.
- & many more
Please keep in mind that this is the first email in a series of emails you will receive about this migration process. We intend to keep you updated about the process as we go along.
Monday, February 8, 2016